May 17, 2016
National Grid Provides Self-Service Mobile Apps for US Customers
In 2013, National Grid launched mobile apps for Android and iOS devices created by iFactor. The apps supported the ability to switch between the Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Upstate New York regions, and allowed customers to:
- Report outages and check outage status
- Access the Storm Center power outage map
- View information about outages including ETRs
- Receive region-specific alerts from the outage map on the app’s home screen
- View safety tips and news bulletins
- Connect to National Grid on social media sites and find contact information for customer support
In late 2015 and early 2016, National Grid made updates to the mobile apps that added information for customers in Brooklyn, Staten Island, Queens and Long Island. The updates also added features for making one-time payments, viewing payment locations on an interactive map, accessing information about gas safety, and reporting gas outages.
About National Grid
National Grid (LSE: NG; NYSE: NGG) is an electricity and natural gas delivery company that connects nearly 7 million customers to vital energy sources through its networks in New York, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. It is the largest distributor of natural gas in the Northeast. National Grid also operates the systems that deliver gas and electricity across Great Britain. For more information, visit www.nationalgridus.com.