October 23, 2019
3 Benefits of Outsourcing Your Printing
We’ve seen it all before. The printers are still warm after a busy two-day print job and someone finds an error—in thousands of copies! Cue chaos and maybe a little finger pointing as you struggle to fix the error and get your documents out on time. This is the unfortunate reality for many businesses that try to manage their printing in-house because they often lack a fully transparent printing process. Without the appropriate checks and balances in place, mistakes can, and will, happen. If this situation sounds all too familiar, you may want to consider the benefits of outsourcing your printing.
- Offload time-consuming data collection
Everyone wants their document printing to be efficient and cost-effective, but managing all the details that go into that is time-consuming. When you put your printing needs in the hands of a professional they’ll manage your stock, identify your printing patterns, and provide transparency around your costs. Going as granular as identifying patterns and costs associated with individual products, materials, and delivery methods. From start to finish, your printing partner arms you with the numbers you need to improve productivity and rein in costs.
- Increase quality and gain access to experts
In-house printing means training staff to manage your print projects. This is both costly and onerous. When you outsource your printing, you benefit from a team of highly trained professionals with expert industry knowledge. This alleviates the burden of training your staff and the worry of inconvenient absences. And, you’ll also be on the receiving end of valuable advice on the best techniques and materials to suit specific projects.Since printing isn’t your business’ primary focus, there may be a temptation to cut corners to save money even if the quality suffers. You can have the best of both worlds when you outsource your printing. You get access to first-rate paper and ink and the latest equipment and technology, without the costs of bringing it in-house.
- Remove the stress of hidden costs
Keeping up with the Joneses is expensive enough, keeping up with new print technology—don’t even get us started! In order for print equipment to be reliable and perform at peak capacity, it needs to be maintained regularly. This means upgrades, repairs, and replacement costs. None of this is cheap, and not all of it is planned. When you choose to outsource your printing, you remove the worry over unexpected costs and still have access to the latest technology.
Tips For Picking the Right Print Partner
- Do your homework to find the right fit – It’s important to review the capabilities of your potential partners in print to make sure they can meet your needs. Be sure they have the tools to track and manage your costs effectively.
- Ask around – Gather customer reviews and testimonials to ensure everyone on your shortlist has a proven track record of delivering quality products on time and on budget.
- Added value – If you rely on digital and hard copy documents, you’ll want to confirm your provider can integrate these processes. This will allow you to maintain a consistent and predictable flow of information across your organization.
- Integration is key – It’s a plus if you can integrate your current IT infrastructure with the new print solution. Find a partner who can leverage as much of your existing technology as possible. A vendor who can connect seamlessly with the cloud applications you use and make mobile printing easy.
- Future-proof your relationship – It’s a waste of time (and money!) to invest in a relationship that won’t last. Look into how a potential print partner can meet your needs today, and in the years to come.
- Make sure your data is secure – There’s a hacker attack every 39 seconds. If security isn’t top of mind, it should be. Ask what plans print providers have in place for preventing security threats. Then confirm whether that plan includes embedded hardware security solutions from a respected brand.
- Think green – Be mindful of what you and your print partner can do to save energy and implement sustainable printing practices. Do a little digging to find out how energy efficient their equipment is and what programs they have in place to reduce waste and recycle.
- Demand meaningful data analysis – The right metrics will help you determine if you’re getting the most out of your investment. Before signing on the dotted line, ask what analytics, reporting, or client dashboards they have available for analyzing cost savings and performance.
You Do You
Outsourcing your printing allows you to focus on your core business responsibilities. When you find the right partner, you get more than a standard printer relationship. KUBRA employs robust document management for the development, arrangement, tracking, and delivery of bills, notices, inserts, and more–all from a digital portal. This allows you to play an active role in influencing, modifying, and managing dedicated document production. With a partner like KUBRA, you get to work with someone who knows the ins and outs of outsourcing, will take the time to understand your business, and allow you to realize the full value of your investment so you can concentrate your efforts on what you do best.