August 21, 2018
New Infographic Flipbook Puts a Spotlight on Mobile Payments
What makes a smartphone smart? It boils down to a few features – an operating system, Internet access, messaging tools, a QWERTY keyboard, and app download capabilities. Today, 77 percent of Americans say they own a smartphone, and they use it for much more than making phone calls. They’re Snapchatting and Instagramming, posting and tweeting, texting and scanning, downloading and saving, and everything in between.
In our latest infographic, we shine a spotlight on 8 different mobile payments that are accessible to every one of your smartphone-using customers.
- Banking Apps – a mobile app provided by a financial institution for a variety of purposes.
- Virtual Wallets – a digital wallet that stores payment card information on a mobile device.
- Payment Apps – a mobile app provided by a third-party to make convenient mobile payments.
- Facebook Messenger – a mobile tool that allows users to instantly send chat messages to friends or businesses on Facebook.
- Text Message – an electronic communication sent and received by mobile phone.
- Intelligent Personal Assistants – software that has been designed to assist people with basic tasks, usually providing information using natural language.
- QR Code and Barcode – a machine-readable optical label that contains information about the item to which it is attached.
- Contactless NFC at Point of Sale – a secure method for consumers to purchase products or services via debit or credit cards, by using RFID technology or near-field communication (NFC) on their smartphones.
How is your company leveraging these well-known mobile channels for billing and payments? We’re sharing the latest insights and predictions for mobile payments beyond 2018.
Download our multi-page infographic, A Snapshot of Mobile Payments