April 21, 2020
How to Keep Your Payment Terminals Clean During COVID-19
Good hygiene and cleanliness are now more important than ever in companies – to protect both employees and customers. Your Point of Sale (POS) terminal serves as a frequent contact point between your customers and your employees. For your safety and the safety of your customers, we would therefore like to remind you how to clean your terminal.
Cleaning Your Payment Terminal
- Use a soft cloth very slightly impregnated with soapy water to clean the outside of the terminal.
- It is recommended to use cloth pre-impregnated for a better control of the quantity of liquid applied on the device. An excessive application of liquid may possibly generate some functional problems.
- Hydroalcoholic solution can only be used when on a pre-impregnated cloth.
- Some hydroalcoholic solutions may include isopropyl alcohol. It can be used on every part of the device if isopropyl alcohol concentration is below 20%.
- Clean the electrical connections.
- Spray, pour, or coat any liquid, disinfectant, or cleaners directly on the payment terminal.
- Use solvents, detergents or abrasive products as they may damage the plastic or electrical contacts.
- Use alcohol cleaning solutions (isopropyl solution 70%) on the plastic display lenses.
- Wipe excessively, which might cause damage.
- Get moisture into any openings nor use aerosol sprays.
- Expose the terminal to the direct rays of the sun.
- Put anything into the slot of the smart card reader.
Please note: While cleaning as per the instructions above has no impact on the performance or functions of most terminals, a very frequent cleaning may modify the cosmetic aspect of some plastic parts used into devices.