September 29, 2020
KUBRA Launches KUBRA PRE-PAY™ Load and Go Payments Designed for Utility Customers
Tempe, AZ (September 29, 2020) – Customer experience management solutions leader, KUBRA, announced today that it has launched KUBRA PRE-PAY™ Load and Go Payments. KUBRA PRE-PAY allows utility customers to add money to their utility account before energy is used. As the power is consumed, the account is charged, and the pre-paid balance declines.
This pre-pay solution offers customers an alternative payment option that allows for manageable payment sizes, flexible payment scheduling, and increased transparency into their energy usage and account balance. Utilities benefit from improved cash flow, increased energy efficiency, and enhanced customer satisfaction by providing flexible payment options and greater insight into energy consumption.
“Today’s utility customer is looking for more options and control when it comes to payments,” said President and CEO Rick Watkin. “By introducing another innovative payment solution that provides a convenient way to manage energy consumption and payment arrangements without the financial burden of deposits or disconnect/reconnect fees, we help our clients meet the growing needs and expectations of their customers.”
The KUBRA PRE-PAY “load and go” model provides customers with a hassle-free way to pay their monthly utility bill. It only takes a phone call to enroll. Once set up, the Power Estimator tool helps customers quickly determine how much money to add to their accounts based on a selected number of days. Automated alerts let them know their account balance has reached a specified threshold and it’s time to top-up. The pre-pay dashboard allows customers to view their remaining credit, days left of service, and payment history to stay informed and proactive about their account usage.
- Integration Capabilities – KUBRA PRE-PAY integrates with utilities’ existing customer information systems (CIS) for seamless onboarding.
- Automated Customer Communications – Customers receive custom notifications and alerts to stay informed about their energy usage and pre-paid balance.
- Multiple Payment Type Support – Billers give customers the ability to choose how they pay online using credit cards, debit cards, or ACH payments.
- Structured Paydown Plans – KUBRA PRE-PAY facilitates a structured program that allows customers to pay off their debt while keeping the power on.
- Voluntary Disconnects/Reconnects – Voluntarily disconnects and reconnects allow consumers to control their service ahead of travel, when managing rental properties, and relocating to and from a second home.
- Responsive Design – The pre-pay dashboard and tools can be accessed from any device, including mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Reporting and Analytics – Billers have access to payment data reports that deliver valuable insights and information, such as the number of disconnects and reconnects.
KUBRA provides customer experience management solutions to some of the largest utility and government entities across North America. Our portfolio includes billing and payments, mapping, mobile apps, proactive communications, and artificial intelligence solutions for customers. With more than 1.5 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA services reach over 40% of households in the U.S. and Canada. KUBRA is an operating subsidiary of the Hearst Corporation. Visit https://www.kubra.com for more information.