External Referral Program
At KUBRA, we believe that amazing people are the cornerstone of our success. We also believe that great people know other great people, which is why we want to reward anyone who can introduce us to the next addition to our KUBRA family.
In exchange for a successful referral, we’ll provide YOU with a $1,000 (gross) referral payment. This payment will be provided in either Canadian or American currency, based on your country of residence.
How it works
The external referral program offers a one-time referral payment to unaffiliated persons to help KUBRA attract, hire, and retain the best of the best in our CDN & US office locations.
The best part? There is no cap. If you continue to successfully refer great people to our open positions, we’ll keep rewarding you!
So, what are you waiting for? If you know someone great that would be a fit for our open roles, please email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fine Print
By submitting a candidate for referral, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
The External Referee (You):
- Must be an individual person (i.e. not a business entity), and a legal resident of Canada or the United States who is at least 18 years of age
- Can’t be associated with or a staffing/recruiting agency or consultant
- The referral must be made for a full-time and regular position
- Can’t refer yourself
- Know the referred candidate in a professional or personal manner. By participating in the Program, you represent and warrant that your referred candidate is aware of and agrees to the submission
Your Referral Candidate:
- Must be an external candidate
- Cannot be a previous employee or contractor of KUBRA, or an immediate family member of a current or previous employee or contractor of KUBRA. An employee includes interns, part-time employees, temporary employees, etc.
- Must not be a candidate that is in KUBRA’s database, or has applied to KUBRA or been in contact regarding employment opportunities at KUBRA within the last 12 months
- All referrals are valid for 6 months from the time of submission. If the candidate is hired more than 6 months after the date your referral was submitted, no bonus is payable
- The referral will not be eligible if the candidate is bound by a non-compete agreement or a similar non-solicitation obligation, or will expose KUBRA to any type of litigation or conflict of interest. This will be determined at KUBRA’s sole discretion.
If you are eligible to participate in the external referral program, KUBRA will pay you a one-time referral payment if the referral leads to a successful regular full-time hire, and the referred employee:
- Acknowledges he or she was referred by you
- Completes their 3 month (90 day) probationary period
- Is in good performance standing at the end of this probationary period
- Is still employed by KUBRA at the time the external referral fee is to be paid
Referral Payments are subject to all applicable laws. KUBRA will not make Referral Payments where such payment would violate any law, rule, standard or regulation.
In the event that more than one person refers the same candidate, payment will be made for the first referral received by KUBRA. We will notify you if your candidate has already been referred by somebody else.
In the event that your Referral contacts KUBRA regarding employment opportunities before you e-mail your Referral submission, the Referral Bonus will not be paid.
The Referral Process
Please submit your Referrals to email@example.com. Emails must include your Referral’s name and resume in order to be valid. Referrals submitted through any other means will not be eligible. You will receive an acknowledgement email of your submission.
If the Referral is hired at KUBRA, and KUBRA determines that you are eligible for a Referral Payment, KUBRA will contact you for the required contact information and paperwork.
KUBRA will process the external referral payment approximately 30 days after the referred employee completes 90 days of employment mentioned above, and you have submitted any required paperwork and contact information.
For external referrals in the U.S., you must complete and return IRS Form W-9 and any other documentation that KUBRA may require in order to receive the referral payment. This form will be supplied to you by KUBRA once your referred candidate has started employment with KUBRA. In accordance with IRS guidelines, the referee (you) will receive a 1099 for the year payment was received.
KUBRA may modify or terminate the external referral program at its sole discretion and without notice. Referral fee payment is at the sole discretion of KUBRA. By submitting a referral, you agree that you are solely responsible for any taxes imposed upon the referral fee paid to you by KUBRA and that you shall comply with all applicable law or regulation.
Recruiters and Placement Agencies
KUBRA does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of KUBRA.
Additional Information, Rules and Guidelines
This agreement is governed by Ontario law and you agree that all disputes relating to this program will be submitted to final and binding arbitration in Ontario.
By submitting a Referral, you agree that KUBRA’s total liability under the agreement for any cause of action relating to agreement is the lesser of your actual, direct damages, or $1,000.
KUBRA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.