October 26, 2017
New KUBRA Webinar – Mapping Storm Restoration in Hurricane Season 2017
The 2017 Hurricane season holds the distinction of being one of only six years on record to feature multiple Category 5 hurricanes. Hurricanes Harvey and Irma left more than 6.5 million customers without power across the Southeast, and Hurricanes Maria and Nate followed closely behind. Maria left a wake of destruction and almost complete darkness in Puerto Rico, while Nate left 67,000 customers without power in Alabama.
While these storms took a toll on customers, utilities were managing their own “storm”: making repairs and communicating with customers about their efforts. Join us as we share the impact of these storms and how power outage maps were used by utilities in the affected areas.
In this webinar, we will:
- Provide an overview of how utilities in the affected areas kept customers, the media, and other community stakeholders informed.
- Share how customers were able to view and interact with outage maps, helping to reduce calls, and keep customer satisfaction high.
- Demo the newest KUBRA Storm Center outage map platform that provides a robust, cost-effective solution that can be implemented in just six weeks!
For your convenience, this webinar will be offered at the following times:
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 12:00 PM Eastern
- Thursday, November 16, 2017, 3:00 PM Eastern